Sign in to follow this  
Dr Danger

Mk1 Cortina...

Hey all,

Although my car is just a stinky old Mk1 Ford Cortina, built before some (most) of us were even thought of, I though I'd post it up anyway.

It's now powered by a CA18det, as you can see in the photo's that are hopefully attached. Currently running a internally standard package but with a full 3inch exaust, FMIC and pod filter. Fully engineered and street driven as a geniune daily driver (read: only car). Standard T25 and boost, but soon to be freshened up with some forged pistons, metal head gasket, shot peened rods, Z32 AFM, 550 injectors, T28BB, EBC and a Dr Drift ECU remap. Not too concerned with peak Kw's but looking for an increase in midrange torque.

resizeCortinabackground.jpg

2006-02-06053.jpg

resizeCompleteengine.jpg

Got lots of other good stuff too like Volvo 4 pot front calipers, ventilated rotors, remote brake booster, early Skyline diff with 4 pin 28 spline LSD center and disks, Pulsar EXA bucket seats, 15 inch Superlights etc etc but that stuff probably wont mean much to most of you guys.

Its a pretty neat little car and is an endless source of bemusment to 1) guys who 'first learnt to drive in one of those' and 2) people that can't believe an old car can be faster than theirs.

Catch ya on the streets...

That's something I haven't seen before. What a cool conversion :)

I love those cortinas! no seatbelts FTW

Arrr, this one has seatbelts. Retractable inertia reels in the front but just plain ye' olde style ones in the back. The rears were not in there originally but are a requirement for the engineers cert.

Makes sense, I used to get carted to trade school in one of these babies years ago. So much fun, used to get alot of looks too.

very very clean, good work mate. love the yellow cover btw you got dyno read out? what do they weigh

It hasn't been on a dyno yet as its all completly stock. But hopefully soon it will be getting a freshen up and a Dr Drift re-map.

It weighs right on 1000kg's with a 60/40 split if I remember correctly - but I could be wrong. But even with stock boost and a somewhat underrated fuel pump the rears light up pretty easy in the lower gears. Scary in the wet. Managed to squeez 225 tyres under the back which helps in both wet and dry conditions.

very neat install of the ca...clean az...

That looks sweet dude! Love the Retro's personally...

Can't wait to have it on the rollers :)

Sam.

Hey Sam,

I'd say you will get to fiddle with it early in the new year. Should be capable of making some good reliable kws by then. Just a quick question, is a retune of the standard ECU good for 2 boost settings? IE: high and low. And if its possible, would it just be a compromise between the 2?

Cheers

No there is no compromise and we can tune all the way from 0 psi to 45 psi if you like... As the factory ECU's run an air flow meter the whole tune is based on air flow rather than boost :)

Euro and all other cites of the world are running and technically sound for the terms for the openness. The manners of the grab my essay reviews are vital for the prospects of citizens. The sanity of the blog is embraced for the themes of the individuals. new range is exposed for all official cites for citizens.