Sign in to follow this  
1alex1234

my 180sx

Has the car had a front end hit at some stage if none of the panels are lining up that well?? Maybe the rad support is bent where the lights bolt in and that's throwing things off

You can also just park it close to a wall and play around with the adjuster screws to see what movement you can get and set them up roughly

not that i know of, i will have a look tonight, and i know the adjuster screw on the drivers side does nothing like, you turn it either way and nothing happens, but the passenger side one works perfectly....

so guys spec list update time

engine wise, its internally stock (as far as i know) it has a garrett GT28R ball bearing turbo, custom piping for intercooler and intake with a HKS mushroom pod filter, it has a full custom 4" turbo back exhaust, 550cc injectors, gktech cooling panel, and a bunch of braided lines and turbosmart hoses, and also a SARD fuel pressure regulator

suspension, it has isc coils, some random camber tops, r32 brakes, kazama auto castor rods, random strut braces front and rear i think maybe cusco

it has drift teks at the moment which are 17x8 and 17x9 with cheap tires all round but running, 235 fronts and 255 rears, also have a spare set which are xxr 521 in 16x8.5

it has a cheap front bar and cheap side skirts, carbon fibre roof spoiler

also features boost gauge, boost controller, HKB boss kit, and d1 spec deep dish steering wheel, kenwood 7" head unit, with no speakers

also have a koyo radiator on order as well as looking for a decent 5 stud conversion kit

so its been ages since update as i have been up in queensland with my brother and his eve 7, stock but still quite nice

IMG_0114.jpg

he also has a newish golf

IMG_0116.JPG

but back to the 180, interior is coming to near completion with wheel and boss kit finally mounted

IMG_0168.jpg

So got my radiator, also picked up a turbo timer and pressure gauge have fender braces and a c pillar brace also on order, also picked up a custom exhaust also made up a bracket for my kill switch

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Haha cheers man, they are a favourite of mine as well, considering they stick out 8in I probably won't drive with them on the street

Yeah mine stuck out like that had to get them cut down lol.

Haha yeh man no way am I cutting them, I'll just use them for track days and stuff haha

So progress on the 180 has been put on hold

I have found what I believe to possibly be structural damage, the rear frame rails have rust and it's not just surface rust it's just after the rear wheels

Also on the drivers side, I'm pretty sure it's where the rear lca connects to the rear subframe, the rear subframe has snapped around the rear lca mounting point

Not sure if this is worth fixing it just re shelling so advice would be appreciated, pics can be posted upon request

You would have to get an inspection of the frame rail rust by a shop, as nobody on the Intenet will really be able to tell you how bad or how hard it is to fix.

As for the subframe, well just replace it with another subframe. Put the car on stands, remove the wheels, unbolt the struts, unbolt the tail shaft, unbolt the brake lines, unbolt the handbrake cables, put a garage jack on the diff and unbolt the subframe, then lower it all to the ground. Swap the diff/arms/etc to another subframe and install it. I did this with mine, and although it's a pain in the butt, it's not that hard to do.

Keep in mind that if damage is repairable for a not-too-expensive price, sometimes that is still more cost effective than reshelling. Consider the time it takes to swap everything over, clean the shell up and deal with registration. Where reshelling is better is when there's a fundamental problem with the car that cannot be overcome easily, if at all. For instance, a bent chassis, serious front-end damage, smashed roof or big rear-ender. Rust is something that can be repaired, it's just a question of cost.

Yeh well I'm only 17, don't have much money considering all my I come comes from working at maccas, so yeh I'll probably just end up fixing it I reckon, and as for the rear subframe, a new one will probably be better than trying to fix it, and besides would be a lot of fun, and I can just chuck my adj arms on that one instead of putting them on now

So thinking of ditching my pod filter intake setup, in favour of a panel filter.

What I'm thinking is, that because the hot side intercooler piping is interfering with the current intake piping, to ditch the intake piping, and mount a panel filter in the front bumper just behind the passenger side air vent, with a custom pipe going up to the turbo snout

Edited by 1alex1234

So it's proving a bit hard to get a mock up of what I want the set up to look like.

The panel the fuse box sits on in just behind the passenger side headlight, needs to be cut out, and reinfoced, the fuse box needs to be relocated, and a bracket needs to be welded into that panel, so I can place a panel filter into it, then, fab up a pipe to go straight to the turbo snout

With a duct going from the front bumper straight to the panel filter

This is what I'm aiming for, but it's going to be interesting considering the hot side piping for the intercooler still needs to be able to go through there easily, and there isn't much room there as it is, so gonna hope something works

Have done a bit of research and I haven't found any simple ways of doing this the way I want it so I'm just going to run my pod filter while its daily driven then do this once it's made into a track car

So some more parts arrived the other day: ultra racing fender braces and c pillar brace and a d1 spec quick release also a gktech tie rod bar brace thing

Have only installed the quick release and c pillar brace so far

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

that Koyorad looks the business.

where did u get it from man and how much ?

Got it from sleeka spares, would highly recommend them, I think I paid around $500, I'm not exactly sure

Minor update

Picked up some 5 stud gear, trust oil cooler and relocation kit, and started fabbing up new rad brackets and a new front mount support, also picked up a cusco bolt in cage.

Car hasn't seen much sun in the past year unfortunately, but, the parents are moving out in the coming months so should be coming together a lot more soon!