Sign in to follow this  
Shawnhalu

Timing chain & Oil Pump

Hi all

it have been sometime since i came here. I was thinking of stripping my engine to fix the goddamn lifter. was thinking of changing the timing chain and oil pump.

Have any of you guys have use before

KAMEARI REINFORCED TIMING CHAIN SR20

or

NAPREC Strengthened Timing Chain SR20DE(T)

and also the

REIMAX Oil Pump Gear Kit

can offer me some opinion?

Just get a standard Nissan chain. No one breaks chains unless something else is very wrong.

If you want better oil pressure/flow consider a gti-r or a VE oil pump. They are way better than standard sr20 pumps, even the vct ones. My VE oil pump hits 120psi pretty early in the rev range and then the relief caps it. Pretty tank

SR20VE; SR20 with a different head design.

Just get an OEM SR20DET pump and chain kit, then be sure to get the block decked WITH the oil pump bolted in. If you don't level the pump with the block, the head gasket will not be sitting on a flat surface. If you decide to simply rebuild the old pump, then no need for that unless you deck the block, which you may or may not depending on your plan.

I used the naprec on my first build it's a lot thicker than the factory one but just used the oem chain on my new build as stated the factory lastest for yonks. As for oil pump you can just replace the internal gears no need for a whole pump.

SR20VE; SR20 with a different head design.

Just get an OEM SR20DET pump and chain kit, then be sure to get the block decked WITH the oil pump bolted in. If you don't level the pump with the block, the head gasket will not be sitting on a flat surface. If you decide to simply rebuild the old pump, then no need for that unless you deck the block, which you may or may not depending on your plan.

Thanks pmod

I used the naprec on my first build it's a lot thicker than the factory one but just used the oem chain on my new build as stated the factory lastest for yonks. As for oil pump you can just replace the internal gears no need for a whole pump.

You mean naprec is too thick? what do you mean by "as stated the factory lastest for yonks"?

You mean naprec is too thick? what do you mean by "as stated the factory lastest for yonks"?

No, he means that Naprec is thinker, which is neither good nor bad. He uses the oem chain because they last for years, as people have stated.

"yonks" is a slang term for "years" here.

Ohh haha yonks.

So will you recommend the Naprec or even the kameari over the Stock Nissan chain? or just stick to the Stock?

I use stock, but that's me. Can't think of anyone I know that used an uprgaded chain in their builds, since the stock one is pretty tough.

I use stock, but that's me. Can't think of anyone I know that used an uprgaded chain in their builds, since the stock one is pretty tough.

Ok Thanks mate

Just use oem Nissan stuff, my forged build runs all factory Nissan chain etc. just get s15 updated chain, guides, tensioner and pump. :)