Sign in to follow this  
1600dude

WTB - SR16VE Rods

Looking to do a dummy up of an SR16VE+T build onto a RWD block and need one or more SR16VE conrods.

If you've done an SR16 to 2 litre conversion you might have these floating around unwanted and looking for a home. Happy to pay for them if you have what I'm after. Gudgeon pins would be good too if you've got them.

Not too stressed about the condition of the rod(s). If the dummy up works I'll be using competition rods with a 90mm 10:1 piston.

Taark can source genuine but at a per unit cost equivelant to a billet rod I thought I'd try the forums first.

Nope. SR16VE crank with 90mm pistons and 144mm rods gives 1748cc and with the CAMS multiplier for turbos of 1.7 gives me a capacity at just under 3000cc. Should turn around 450rwhp @20'ish PSI in a body weighing 900kg. Car will be much more competitive package than the SR20DET turning similar numbers I've got at the moment.

Taark's $250 per rod for genuine gave me sufficient incentive to go find the ones that I thought I had. Now looking for competition forged or billet rods once I get past the dummy up stage.

Yeh. I've got a RWD block with Darton Sleeve blanks that I had done years ago but couldn't get my head past the $5-$6K for a billet crank to get the R/S ratio down to around 1.8'ish.

So have decided to go SR16 crank instead - nitride and knife edged - with the original 2.11 R/S ratio.

Just having problems looking for info on where an SR16VE+T is going to develop it's power. Torque is what I'm worried about - not enough that is.

Ideas?

Yeh. I've got a RWD block with Darton Sleeve blanks that I had done years ago but couldn't get my head past the $5-$6K for a billet crank to get the R/S ratio down to around 1.8'ish.

So have decided to go SR16 crank instead - nitride and knife edged - with the original 2.11 R/S ratio.

Just having problems looking for info on where an SR16VE+T is going to develop it's power. Torque is what I'm worried about - not enough that is.

Ideas?

Maybe talk to Advance Motor Mechanics they built a SR16VET in a rwd SR20 block before video below they also may have SR16 pistons from the ones they pull heads off.

Edit not sure why it double posted?

Edited by gomanji

Ideas?

Maybe talk to Advance Motor Mechanics they built a SR16VET in a rwd SR20 block before , they also may have SR16 pistons from the one they pull heads off

Thanks - I'll give them a try. Not too many doing SR16VET's. Cheers