Sign in to follow this  
Athawoot (a.k.a woody)

s15 stuttering

alright i posted a few weeks ago with the same issue

the car on bkr7s gap is .8 does weird shit on low rpm and lite throttle...

but when you give it full throttle the car revs fine hits boost good and goes...

it hapens between idle 800ish- ~3000 then goes away on any thottle!.... i think it stops just before i hit boost i donno

i changed back to my old platinums the problem down low GONE! instead under load it hesitates up on full boost!

idle and everything else is fine.. i can have 1/4 throttle all the way to redline and itll go...

but any more itll hesitate!

i dont know what the f**k is going on....

i was told by someone that when running higher boost i need to gap higher/lower?

im running like 17-18psi... what should my plugs be gapped too?

maye its my coilpacks? engine f**ked? o2 sensor?

its not my afm i sprayed the shit out of if with contact cleaner to see if it would go away.... no

anyone had this problem before?

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

please :D

sorta got the same problem atm.. iv got bkr7s gap is .6

My car (S14a) was running sh!tty and I finally got around to getting it tuned. Apart from my SAFC having very poor settings which has now been retuned, the tuner noted that I had BKR's. He said the the BKR is 2.5mm shorter than the recommended plug and does not contact the coil correctly.

They were replaced with PFR6B-9 double platinums and my car has never ran sweeter. I hope its something as simple as spark plugs to fix your problem.

i have exactly the same problem

have cleaned my AFM and i know the air filter isnt blocked,

recently changed my fuel filter, had the injectors cleaned and changed the plugs to the recommended platinums

im only running about 13psi

checked the timing and running at 15 degrees

also running splitifres that anrt that old so i dont think its the coilpacks

stuffed if i know what it is

might have to scan the ecu for DTC at work

1. check your fuel pressure and regulator.... make sure your vac is connected to it and there is no leaks...

2. failing that check your piping before the turbo inlet to the afm... especially the plumback from the bov for leaks and that the bov is closing properly...

alright guys... i put my old bkr7es back in my car before... but i gapped them to .6!

the car when cold was doing it onlyl at low down...

once i took it for a drive after about 30 seconds it stopped and never did it again!

bu still when its cold it does it... any way you can solve this? and is what i done ok?

did the normal copper plugs get rid of the miss in the end after you took the platinums out?

this is killing me too this problem

had a same problem b4 with my s15, change the spark plugs to bkr6e gap .8 runs fine

and now im using pfr6b9 and its never ran better

Those with modified engines must remember that a modified engine with higher compression or forced induction will typically require a smaller gap settings (to ensure ignitability in these denser air/fuel mixtures). As a rule, the more power you are making, the smaller the gap you will need.

thats straight off the NGK site...

i will be seein if they sell pfr6b9 and ill gap them down to like a .6 i hope this works tomoz.. or ill be wasting money! lol

how much are these PFR6B-9s

there not platinums or irridiums are they?

yessss they are platinums, i had trouble everywhere getting pfr6b-9s, then i asked at supercheap and they had them just not gapped (pfr6b) $16ish each

had a same problem b4 with my s15, change the spark plugs to bkr6e gap .8 runs fine

and now im using pfr6b9 and its never ran better

these are the plugs im using and still get the problem, gapped at .7 for the cold weather

might sus for DTC at work tomorrow, wondering if its a o2 sensor or knock sensor problem

There are many Nissan models that they find to get the best model of the Nissan vehicle which is the Nissan Silvia. Therefore I want to confess that there are many other forum like uk essay service who are providing the right direction for your car.