Sign in to follow this  
robbo_rb180

rob's sil80 garage ornament.

^^ thanks bud

went out to the drags tonight for a bit of a look and after going for ride in a mates car i thought i would have a crack.

with no ignition timing and boost spiking in every gear i mananged 14's @ 100-105mph.

already started doing a new tune with plenty of timing.

when i get some free time i will pull it all apart and try and find out whats causing the spiking.

That looks wild man, silver was a good choice and rims look perfect thumb.gif

thanks, i would like to get some wider rears though.

haven't done much in the past few months as work has been busy.

started gathering more parts in the last month and will start ordering more on monday

so far i have- HEL brake & clutch lines

new super cat mid muffler (been getting a little bit too much attention from the fun policedry.gif )

just jap delta fin intercooler

will be ordering the new rear housing & gate on monday along with material to finish off the boot.

and i have finally organised with my mate to finish all the fabrication of the new airbox, overflow/washer bottle, bov plumb back & surge tank.

also i will be re-installing the aircon as the weather up here has been hot as.

should be a few busy weekends ahead.

fitted up the new muffler on satday and now its nice & quiet.

designed the radiator overflow/washer bottle just have get some ally plate cut up

also did a bit of tuning last thursday night and the car is heaps better. smooth idle & boost is now holding stable upto 4500rpm just need to do a highway run to make sure it doesn't spike at high rpm.

ordered the new rear housing last wednesday but can't pick it up until i next monday

i am going to modify a standard exhaust manifold like a hks manifold and plumb the gate off it at the turbo flange since it works well, i shouldn't have any problems when i put it together.

thats about it, hopefully this rain goes away and i can go for a decent drive:driving:

been a while since my last post, finally got bored lately and decided to do some work on the car

put on the HEL brake lines,

removed the oil cooler- oil temp would not go above 60 & now it sits between 75-80C

installed a D1 header tank as i started to have issues with the hot weather we've had up here, temps now sits at 75C.

i took the car for a hill run since putting it back together and it was awesome. i am pretty happy with the handling now, i just need to get a full set of ku31/36's.

i decided to hook up the thermo fan threw the Link G4 as i have gotten sick of manualling switching it on. started wiring and discovered the mess that the electrician had made when the fuse box was put in the glovebox. So i now have the car in pieces again so i can rewire/strip the loom of whats needed. hope to have this done by the end of the weekend.

wiring that has to be done-

hook up speedo & reverse lights

make a new loom for the wideband, ebc, stereo & guages

remove anything thats not being used

i have got the new rear housing, just deciding wether i should get a 38 or 44mm wastegate & go high mount or keep the std manifold. i am in no rush at the moment but it would be good to get some use out of the car this year. the motorkhana series starts mid march so i should have it going by then hopefully.

been 4 weeks since i last did anything to the car due to cyclone, work & being lazy.

ended up sending the car to a sparky to finish off the wiring, just have to put the dash back in and i'll hopefully be able to do some tuning over the weekend.

also bought a nismo 2way off a forum member (thanks Scott). just waiting on magnetic sump plug to arrive before i put it in.

i still can't decide about what exhaust manifold to use either. i am starting to lean back to being cheap and modding the std manifold so i don't have to change all the piping.

hopefully will have a more goodies ariving from the states in a few weeks- tein tie rod kit & all the bush's for the front end and a tial 44mm gatethumb.gif

i'll be busy with work for a while so i doubt much of the new stuff will be put on anytime soonsad.gif

just by something like the tomei expreme exhaust manifold which bolts the same as stock ? or if your a cheap bastard something like the gkteck exhaust manifold thumbsup.gif

just by something like the tomei expreme exhaust manifold which bolts the same as stock ? or if your a cheap bastard something like the gkteck exhaust manifold thumbsup.gif

if i do go an aftermarket manifold it will be either a 6boost or etm.

i didn't think tomei made a manifold for an rb25

Hey man do u have a wiring diagram for r33 dash? I'm re doing whole car loom and wanna wire r33 dash in just to use speedo, tacho, and fuel gauge.

Cheers mate.

Wrong car thought it was Jacobs as he is running r33 dash.

sik car mate, is that colour like a light version of gunmetal grey?

thanks mate. i had it mixed a few years ago though, its based off a mitsubishi grey

amazing looking sil80 dude so clean

thanks, i tried to use the keep it simple theory so it doesn't get too much attention.

Hey man do u have a wiring diagram for r33 dash? I'm re doing whole car loom and wanna wire r33 dash in just to use speedo, tacho, and fuel gauge.

Cheers mate.

Wrong car thought it was Jacobs as he is running r33 dash.

thats ok, i think he wired in part of the r33 loom on his car. his dash does look good though.

Now that is a sexy ride with that silva paint job

im doing my research for putting in the rb25set with the rb20 gearbox.

how does it go with the rb20 gearbox?

thanks, i wanted a factory looking colour.

it went well with the 20 g/box. i had 230kw and it never missed a beat but i was pretty gentle with it, no flat shifting or smashing it through the gears often. the advantage it had was that you used the factory gearbox holes and a factory tail shaft. if you do go rb20 g/box use a heavy duty clutch & not a twin plate or anything silly.

I'm just about to mod the front end of my s13 so I can keep using the engine fan. I'm putting r32 castor brackets in and moving that bottom bit further forward. And yeh I have an r33 dash cluster to wire in. How does ur motor sit? And what xmember u using

that is the way to do it. i have a r33 x member & mounts. motor sits about 1.5inch off the fire wall but there is only 40mm between the rad & motor.

got the car back from the sparky and it still won't rev past 2000rpmmad.gif so i booked it in for a full tune next weeksmile.gif . hopefully the tuner can sort it out and i can finally see how the upgrades perform, hopefully it'll make 260-280kw.

might pull out the old diff tonight and get the new diff ready to put in.

also bought a new set of wheels for skids & track use. they are work 1 piece(really light) have a few small marks but they are pretty good condition, don't know what type but they are 17x8 +35 & 17x9 +38 got them for $400 so i couldn't turn them down . i'll be running 235/40 ku36 on the front & 255/40 ku31 on the rear.

new wheels.JPG

hope to be able to go have some fun next weekendthumbsup.gif

should be good when it is sorted man thumbsup.gif

pretty sure the wheels are meisters

will be good to actually thrash the car again.

just did a quick search and the new wheels are Work S2R's

i pulled the old diff out and couldn't get the halfshafts outsad.gif . so i am going to get some 5 bolt axles.

really wanted to get this new diff in. will just have to wait as usual

yeah tried that. just waiting for a guy to pull his motor out so i can grab his axles. rather upgrade to 5 bolts anyway.

dropped the car off this arvo, tuner reckons it should be sorted before the weekendthumb.gif

i use to have paul @ xtreme tune it but have decided to go to vern @ dynolink this time.

if i had the time though i would send it to brisbane to either ECC or Pits.

sux work is so busy for the next 12 monthssad.gif

apprentice wages are not awesome tongue.gif

they are heaps better compared to when i did my apprenticeship. at least when ya finish you have a trade behind ya.thumb.gif

got the car back this arvo. the issue was the tps connector had a faulty connection, fan is hooked up(had to reset the settings as it was coming on at 90Cw00t.gif ). not real happy with the work shop that took 1.5 weeks to fix a wire in tps, hook up an earth wire on a relay, was also meant to be tuned & speedo corrected as well but the extractor fan in the dyno cell had to be replaced.....WTF.

big news though is that i have finally decided on a high mount setupcool.gif . my mate got the flanges cut today and will start mapping out the pipes tomorrow, hope to have it finished in a few weekends then, when i have some free time i'll be able to put it on. waiting on my wideband to be sent back so i can put it back in & do some tuning.

the weather up here has been sh17 for the past week so i haven't been able to do much.

so i have been watching a lot of drift dvd's & clips lately and am starting to get keen to get into itwhistle.gif .

got the wideband back in and the afr's are still all good but need to look at fixing the idle.

started work on my spare bonnet. i dummied up the passenger side vent by using part of a fpr bonnet that i go given & have marked out the centre that has to be cut out. just going to cut the skin & insert some chocks to create a vent & fibreglass them in. finally found a decent grill too, stumbled across a guy selling silvia's asked if he wanted to sell his gtr grill and all he wanted was $10. couldn't knock that back so now the car looks complete on the outside.

the manifold flanges that were cut last week came out pretty good, my mate will start on the runners this weekendsmile.gif , so hopefully when i get back from field the manifold will be finished.

sucks that i don't have time to get this thing going properly though, thinking it may time for a change of career soon so i can enjoy this project.