Sign in to follow this  

just wondering if i need it

oilheatexchanger.jpg

the ca18det is for my 86, i plan on running a generic type ISC oil cooler, now do i need this heat exhanger bolted up in order to run the sandwich plate or not. if i have a oil cooler, i dont need this included in the cooling system. ie no water running through it

any help would be great

cheers Rich

nope remove it and replace it with a non oil cooler type fitting.

along with the front block intake pipe and rear block connection.

or leave it alone and allow it to bring your oil up to temp quicker.

along with the front block intake pipe and rear block connection.

or leave it alone and allow it to bring your oil up to temp quicker.

u mean the little feed of the hose behind the water pump, also wat about the rear block connection??, im still gonna need that to plumb the bypass back into it

u mean the little feed of the hose behind the water pump, also wat about the rear block connection??, im still gonna need that to plumb the bypass back into it

point was, that unless its broken there really isnt any point in removing it.

also you wont be able to run a sandwich plate directly to the block, youll need a non exchanger boss to replace it.

if you didnt want it you can run one of these (bit on the right). but like niscort said you would need to seal up the hose outlet and inlet on the block for the original water lines that go to the bit you have (hope i havent confused you anymore lol).

04062009001.jpg

or you could just buy a growley adaptor and remove it all completely so you dont need to run a sandwitch plate for your oil cooler. much neater option

or you could just buy a growley adaptor and remove it all completely so you dont need to run a sandwitch plate for your oil cooler. much neater option

That'd be one of these;

Image748.jpg

The original design that the testing was done on, and is still fitted to my car;

Image557.jpg

Image565.jpg

Matt's only doing the Block fitting it's self now and not the filter fitting as a 2 piece kit like the top picture. It's to expensive for him to make both pieces (It nearly doubles the cost of the kit) and you can buy that many 3/4x16 oil filter blocks it's not funny and they are cheaper than he can make them for.

The technical support system has to pretend the data on this is used to fulfill services or have to maintain the parts on it. I can express some parts on it that have ukwritings this was known as the best view of the skill to get data or these formats to have on it.