Sign in to follow this  
Kaytsu

cracked heater hose?

hey guys,

A few days ago i went and replaced a new radiator and new water pump. After 3 days of driving my car started overheating, so i check the radiator to see whether there is coolant inside. Checked it and there was no coolant in there what so ever. When the car was overheating i also opened my bonnet, and i heard hissing and water sounds at the back of the engine.

I found there was water on the hose that goes into the firewall and also on top of the gearbox just under the engine. Would you say i have a cracked a heater hose at the back?

-No signs of leaking water under the car.

-Checked oil and it wasn't milky.

-Engine is sr20det.

Also how much would it be to change all the heater hoses plus labour?

Thanks

Did you bleed the cooling system the right way after the install of new parts?

Is the heater hose compressing when its warm/hot?

A shop actually did it for me. I'm guessing that they did

A shop actually did it for me. I'm guessing that they did

That's wired the hissing sound, sounds like a burst hoses to me but i could be wrong. Maybe you should take it back to that mechanic and get them to do a pressure test and see if the pressure is holding or dropping. That should identify your problem! :offtopic:

Which SR-20 engine ?

S13 / S14 / S15 ?

They all have slightly different heater hoses.

Theres 2 heater hoses that go into the cabin for your air con heater box, depending on your engine, theres one that goes behind the engine

Take it back to the shop and tell them "since you installed the new radiator its overheating / losing water - fix it"

It could be that its spraying out onto something hot and evaporating - hence, no water on the floor.

Try this - fill the radiator to the brim when the car is stone cold (not making noises after been running etc) - close the radiator cap and squeeze the upper and lower radiator hose and have someone else with you checking for water coming out anywhere.

Check all hose clamps are tight.

Top up radiator and secure cap.

Idle engine and fondle heater hoses to locate wet spot.

Repair.

This website has helped me with some of my car trouble and would share this website with my friends. If you would like homes for sale point pleasant nj you can visit our website to find your dream home. If you need any kind of assistance regarding properties, feel free to contact me. Our mission is to provide you dream home for you and your family.