Sign in to follow this  
marco29

Intercooler options?

Hello, I am looking for the intercooler for my S15, and I want to keep my front OEM fog lights . Does anyone know which intercooler can fit in place without cutting the bumper? Thank you very much!!

not sure but have you looked at the GKTECH no holes? you may have to cut the bumper though.

You could always go side mount in stock position?

Hello, I am looking for the intercooler for my S15, and I want to keep my front OEM fog lights . Does anyone know which intercooler can fit in place without cutting the bumper? Thank you very much!!

What are you planning with the car?

Are you modifying the car or keeping it pretty low key?

If you're not doing many mods, an intercooler wont make a huge difference.

The stock one is fine.

The stock one is fine.

wtf

the stock one is inadequate for australian conditions

air to water barrel mounted in the bay, second rad in front of the a/c condensor. $500 +/-, about the same as a cheap front mount intercooler kit. both options have draw backs and benefits, do somethign different

The stock one is fine.

Hello, I am going to rebuild my SR to have 2.2 stroker kit. But I like to keep my fog lights in my bumper. I am sure someone did it before, but I don't know which kits they bought. The fellowing is the pics that I can found and proved that someone did it before. Can someone tell me what kits they bought otherthan I need to buy the custom pipe. Thank you very much.

MDB3.jpg

MDB2.jpg

DSC05818.jpg

DSC05816.jpg

DSC05815.jpg

DSC05814.jpg

DSC05813.jpg

Edited by marco29

The stock one is fine.

wtf

depends on what you do

i know someone running a stock s15 which only has exhaust, EBC, and runs about 180kws

if you're going to spend some money on mods, then yeah go for it, but not nessesary

The stock one is fine.

Hello, I am going to rebuild my SR to have 2.2 stroker kit. But I like to keep my fog lights in my bumper. I am sure someone did it before, but I don't know which kits they bought. The fellowing is the pics that I can found and proved that someone did it before. Can someone tell me what kits they bought otherthan I need to buy the custom pipe. Thank you very much.

IMHO, i'd look at ditching the lights and get an ARC

you'll benefit with a quality intercooler if you plan to go large on mods

or get custom piping made up, its not hard or expensive

The stock one is fine.

wtf

depends on what you do

i know someone running a stock s15 which only has exhaust, EBC, and runs about 180kws

if you're going to spend some money on mods, then yeah go for it, but not nessesary

The stock one is fine.

IMHO, i'd look at ditching the lights and get an ARC

you'll benefit with a quality intercooler if you plan to go large on mods

or get custom piping made up, its not hard or expensive

Thank for your advice, but I still want to keep my fogs lights on, so how much do you rekon for the custom pipe if I buy the ARC?

buy the arc with the piping kit and you should be fine with retaining your fog lights

i've looked into getting custom built ARC intercooler

and it will set you back at least $2k

and one off the shelf isnt that cheap either

to get custom piping made up, it will set you back a few 100, not much at all

getting piping made will vary heaps, similar circumstance - i went to an exhaust shop who quoted me $750-$850 for a custom twin pipe exhaust in mild steel.. instead i bought 6 metres of 304 stainless steel for $120 and another exhaust shop made us the twin pipes for $150 LOL

depending on the piping needed, you could be looking at between $50 and $400 with parts supplied / not supplied and materials used

Thank you for all of your effort, I have some idea now. But I am still wondering, is there have any existed intercooler kit allow me to fit those fogs without any change, becasue seems like the GKTECH one will slightly touch the fog light. Thank you.

buy the arc with the piping kit and you should be fine with retaining your fog lights

Did you know who did this b4? becasue I don't want to spend 2k for the intercooler which is not work. It's no offensive at all. Thank you.

The arc return flow kit is actually about $1400, check some sponsors on here. For me thats not really justifiable for an intercooler so i currently have a gktech in my garage waiting to be put on. im going to try trim the foglight a little but if it wont fit i will get Sunny from Powertune to modify the piping

I personally would just buy a cheap china spec intercooler and get custom pipes made to suit

I personally would just buy a cheap china spec intercooler and get custom pipes made to suit

That's what I did that way it's mounted high or in the spot you want it.

It shouldn't matter too much if its just touching them a little bit, otherwise buy one, install it and see what you need to move if you have to move anything at all?

My HKS Type S lets me keep the fog lights. I think most jap coolers are the same.

my greddy ls kit also allows me to keep the fog lights with some minor modifications, you either do some modication to suit the fog lights or you go custom pipping. So really your either working to get the fog lights in or your paying for the custom pipping to suit them, your choice!

Hello, I am going to rebuild my SR to have 2.2 stroker kit.

Think people skipped this step in recomending streetable sidemount cooler kits.

imo, if your spending the massive dollars on a engine setup get a proper front mount intercooler like a Blitz LS/M or something along them lines even a Delta Fin core intercooler and not a chinese tube/fin crap.

Hello, I am going to rebuild my SR to have 2.2 stroker kit.

Think people skipped this step in recomending streetable sidemount cooler kits.

imo, if your spending the massive dollars on a engine setup get a proper front mount intercooler like a Blitz LS/M or something along them lines even a Delta Fin core intercooler and not a chinese tube/fin crap.

Nothing wrong with cheap china spec intercoolers

Heaps of our workshop cars are using cheap china spec intercools with our own custom pipes making well over 400kw

I'm making 555kw with my china spec intercooler

so the blitz se or cs kit will fit and you can keep jdm foggies in?

and the greddy ls kit will also fit with jdm foggies?

Inter cooler is another model of the car as this car is automatic in which we can apply the gears according to our will. More generally best assignment help in the UK is useful to sale the old spare parts of the machinery.