Sign in to follow this  
wAnAbEdRiFtEr

S15 wont start

Just a run down of whats happened.

I hadn't started the car in just over a week, and during this time the battery had pretty much gone dead.

When i went to start it, all the accessories would turn on. Once i turn the key all the way to start the motor, all i hear is a "click", then all the power in the car shuts off.

if you try to start the car all over again, theres no power at all, nothing in the accessories, nothing, as if there is no battery.

After all of this i had pulled the battery out, charged it up, had to replace the battery terminals cause the old ones where crap, checked all the fuses, all is ok.

next day i connect it all back together, turn the key to acc, everything lights up, turn the key further to start the motor, again i hear this single click noise then all the power just disappearing again.

I'm lost as to why it wont start.

starter motor or grounding issues? i cant think of any other reasons.

any help would be great!!

try diffrent battery

sounds like its not holding charge, even after u charge it

Just replaced the battery, still there is no power going through the car what so ever.

before u said the accessories would turn on, is this still the case?

test that sufficent power is getting to the starter

and try the original battery in a different car

No power to the accessories with the replacement battery. I can't even jump start the car. Might check the starter motor next

No power to the accessories with the replacement battery. I can't even jump start the car. Might check the starter motor next

Hey mate, i am having the exact same issue as you. I have checked all fuses to no avail and all the electrics are dead. I tried hillstarting to no effect and checked all connections...I am now at a complete loss...

I would have thought the alternator would enable the car to be hillstarted despite having a completely dead battery??? anyone have any ideas?

No, i had a dead battery, hill started down a large hill, and the while time, the car rolling was the only thing keeping the engine turning, the whole time, random sounds and odd dimmed lights coming on the dash as well as the battery light flickering. As soon as the hill started to flatten out, the engine slowed to a stall. I changed to a new battery and everything worked perfectly. If it's like my old battery, it gets to the point where it can't hold charge. What's the voltage reading?

after advice from my uncle (mechanic), it seems that the starter motor or alternator isn't the issue with my problem.

I'm still lost as to why there is literally no power to the car. I thought for a second that the 100amp fuse was blown though from what i can see, all looks good, not blown.

my battery had been relocated to the boot, so maybe there is another fuse i cant find??

so still no idea

No, i had a dead battery, hill started down a large hill, and the while time, the car rolling was the only thing keeping the engine turning, the whole time, random sounds and odd dimmed lights coming on the dash as well as the battery light flickering. As soon as the hill started to flatten out, the engine slowed to a stall. I changed to a new battery and everything worked perfectly. If it's like my old battery, it gets to the point where it can't hold charge. What's the voltage reading?

voltage on my battery is 12.55

I'v got a yellow top optima

Ive had the same thing happen to me, I cleaned all battery terminals and fixed the problem.

that was my exact thought, battery terminals give them a wiggle side to side and itll prob work, this is aslong as the battery isnt rooted.. but dont discount this...

if it is the problem clean the posts on the battery and the terminals (i know uve replaced urs so they ok, and do back up as normal

Ive had the same thing happen to me, I cleaned all battery terminals and fixed the problem.

try with another battery mate. may be a lil bit big bigger one. Do u have an aftermarket amp and a subwoofer? if so try disconnecting it from ur battery. My old s13 did the same. Also clean and tight ur battery terminals.

i will have a go at cleaning the battery terminals, though i dont think it'll fix the problem.

I have noticed a little corrosion on 1 of the 2 60amp fuses in the fuse box. i'm not even sure what the 60amps fuses look after?

anyone in the know how about those particular fuses?

edit: my guess the 60 amp fuses look after the alternator and starter motor??

i had the same problem last week.. i thought it was my battery but it wasn't.... checked all my fuses nothing was blown it ended up being my ignition wiring :S because i disconnected my turbo timer..

test the ground connection.. or get a jumper lead and earth the negative terminal to chasis.. if then it still isnt working check that the main fuse is ok.. pop main fuse box and test from there..

Sometimes you get a problem starting your car it is just an engine oil problem and you have the tension when you face this problem. Which is not good according to top rated dissertation writing services you just need to change your engine oil.