Sign in to follow this  
baka_janai_no

Brembo f40/f50 calipers

Hello fellow NS.com members :-)

I have a set of brembo f40 calipers coming over and have been doing a bit of research between them and the f50 calipers, apparently they share the same brake pads and are pretty much the same. I doubt that theyd be the same, so my question is are they the same?? I have also seen them with different brackets to suit different size rotors, (my ones have bracket to suit 324mm rotor, same as brembo GTR) is there much of a difference between 324mm, 340mm and 355mm rotors on a 600hp track car?? I have been told that 355 is the better one to get, and ive also been told that its overkill on an s13/180 and that 324mm will be suffice. Ive also hit up the idea about 340mm rotors but not sure if they fit behind 17 inch rims (I dont mind running 18s to fit the brakes) and that 340mm rotors will be harder to come acrooss than 324 and 355 rotors (readily available from Yahoo! Japan).

same brake pads

http://page15.auctio...tion/t165670759

f50 pics

★121406 ブレンボF50(F)キャリパー・ローター GT-R(BCNR33) #1.jpg★121406 ブレンボF50(F)キャリパー・ローター GT-R(BCNR33) #2.jpg

★121406 ブレンボF50(F)キャリパー・ローター GT-R(BCNR33) #3.jpgBNR32 ブレンボF50 355Φ1ピースローター ニスモ製?BCNR33 #1.jpg

BNR32 ブレンボF50 355Φ1ピースローター ニスモ製?BCNR33 #2.jpgBNR32 ブレンボF50 355Φ1ピースローター ニスモ製?BCNR33 #3.jpg

f40 pics

S14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロント キャリパー 124AE1 #1.jpgS14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロント キャリパー 124AE1 #2.jpg

S14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロント キャリパー 124AE1 #3.jpgS14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロントキャリパーローター71BC3 #1.jpg

S14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロントキャリパーローター71BC3 #2.jpgS14 シルビア ブレンボ F40 フロントキャリパーローター71BC3 #3.jpg

So what do you guys think, are they the same, or what are the differences between them??

what difference will f40 caliper make with 355mm rotor and likewise f50 caliper with 324mm rotor? brackets to suit each size rotor are interchangable between both calipers

f40 calipers with 355mm rotor

http://page14.auctio...tion/s205866765

f50 calipers with 324mm rotor

http://page18.auctio...ction/w64483867

how much did those cost?

f40 calipers with 324mm rotors cost $1150 landed

also came with braided lines n new pads, direct bolt on for silvias

so piston size is the difference between both calipers??

what rotor size is recommended for 600hp time attack s13? ive been told 324mm are suffice as s13s are light and dont need oversized brakes, then ive been told 355mm...

did you read the link?

do you run out of brakes now? what brakes are you currently running?

600rwhp? or at the flywheel?

completely stripped? coz a 324mm rotor will be heaps but that is only half the story.

great pads will be key

Larger rotors won't do anything for stopping power unless the rotors are undersized for the caliper. The idea behind larger rotors is to maintain heat dispersion so under harsh braking conditions the brakes don't fade as easily as a smaller rotor.

If the calipers are designed for 355mm rotors standard then you will have the correct caliper surface area. Going smaller will rob some braking power if there is less brake pad surface area (355mm to 340mm wouldn't be a significant loss). Fitting them in a 17" rim is another question and that's if the brake calipers don't hit the rim too. But there is nothing wrong with 18" rims, though the cost for tyres is noticably higher.

how much did those cost?

f40 calipers with 324mm rotors cost $1150 landed

also came with braided lines n new pads, direct bolt on for silvias

that is actually quite reasonable, Jesse Streeter? how do they perform?

These calipers are unique and most of the people can find it but they can’t get in easily. These clippers are also installed in cheap assignment writing service computers and with the help of this, the writers are complete your work without make any mistake.

I got the f40, since i got a really good deal on them, the guy i bought it from didn't know what they actually were, but i didn't rob him either.  Really happy with them