Sign in to follow this  
lockiess15

S15 Spec R VVL kicked in YO

looking really good

one thing though, If this is still a streeter, consider putting those pumps under the car or in the tank. I just put my two 044's back in the tank, those plus a lift pump external was the worst idea ever. way too loud for a street car. plus the smell you;re bound to get, and mess if anything leaks or you need to service anything fuel related.

Yeah that did cross my mind. If the noise becomes too annoying I'll be changing it so the pumps are underneath

I have a single 044 in my boot, using all hard lines, there is no smell, and the pump and surge tank are mounted on rubber stud things, so it's not that loud

I have a single 044 in my boot, using all hard lines, there is no smell, and the pump and surge tank are mounted on rubber stud things, so it's not that loud

My surge tank was using hard lines as well

The e85 ate where the lines met the fittings started to leak

E85 started to collect on the paint and pealed away the paint before I noticed it leaking

So just a heads up if your using hard lines with e85

one pump quieter then three

guess it does come down to what you want to put up with though. maybe im getting old

E85 started to collect on the paint and pealed away the paint before I noticed it leaking

It'll be on pump fuel (98)

why wouldnt you put it on e85? doesnt look like a daily driver....haltech eflex sensor and use both fuels :thumb:

why wouldnt you put it on e85? doesnt look like a daily driver....haltech eflex sensor and use both fuels :thumb:

im just guessing here but it might be because of his location

some places dont even have E85 at the pump which means they have to buy it in drums which sucks balls

im glad sydney has E85 stations popping up every where, im lucky i have a united petrol station around the corner from my parents house that sell E85 so every time i go and visit i fill up a full tank

also got another petrol station around the corner from my house so i have the options of filling up there as well

now all we need is E100 at the pump and my life would be complete :)

but i totally agree with you

with E-flex sensors its crazy not to make the switch to E85 - E100 u can run both so u have the best of both worlds

im just guessing here but it might be because of his location

some places dont even have E85 at the pump which means they have to buy it in drums which sucks balls

im glad sydney has E85 stations popping up every where, im lucky i have a united petrol station around the corner from my parents house that sell E85 so every time i go and visit i fill up a full tank

also got another petrol station around the corner from my house so i have the options of filling up there as well

now all we need is E100 at the pump and my life would be complete :)

but i totally agree with you

with E-flex sensors its crazy not to make the switch to E85 - E100 u can run both so u have the best of both worlds

yeah man slowly getting more and more popular in canberra too, for the moment we only have caltex e flex, cant wait for united to get here with a few e85 pumps, but we make a quick drive to sydney to fill up a few barrels every couple of weeks and at $1.20 and e90 at the pump in sydney you cant really complain

Exactly right, we don't have it on pump here unless you drive all the way to the single pump station that does have it and of course it just has to be in bloody Auckland haha [a good six hours drive from where I live]

I wish we did though :(

Edited by lockiess15

Exactly right, we don't have it on pump here unless you drive all the way to the single pump station that does have it and of course it just has to be in bloody Auckland haha [a good six hours drive from where I live]

I wish we did though sad.png

thats a shame man! ah well it will become more popular in the months to come

^ thats what people have been saying for years. Its still pretty rare.

Old

vs new

oil cooler fittings. Huge difference in not just the shape but also how much better the oil will be flowing through the new ones in comparison

1394396_602860406448655_1647611074_n.jpg

Looks good dude!

What head gasket do you have? Looks like a VE one since you have both bolts through to the oil pump.

Weird, must be a VE specific one, or they just trimmed the part off which blocks the bolt hole.

What compression will you be running?

Yeah the first SR20 one that was ordered didn't quite fit so I think they then had to order a specific one that would fit after that. It'll be factory compression. I was going to use 9:1 pistons for a little extra torque down low but was advised not to

Interesting that you were advised to stick to stock comp. Understandable since you're staying 98,but 9:1 wouldn't have been pushing it. A fair few guys in the states are running >9.5 with decent boost. There's a guy running 12.5:1. The VEs seem to be even more knock resistant than DETs. So if you ever get the chance, bump it up, especially if e85 becomes an option

Yeah well that's actually what I thought myself since I won't be running over 20psi on pump fuel and if I am, it wouldn't be much over that but ah well shit happens I guess lol

Yeah no big loss really. It'll still be damn good man! I'm keen to see a power/torque curve when it's done.

how come you kept aircon etc? looks so much neater without it lol (when you build a motor ofcourse)

how come you kept aircon etc? looks so much neater without it lol (when you build a motor ofcourse)

well if its a street car i would want to keep my air con