Cheers dude it might stir some people up :naughty: But yeh like everyone says my car is for me haha, for a hint it's something I was going to go for before I made a "monetary commitment"

Hey, I'm abandoning my other thread and making a much shorter version of everything. I was gonna delete the other one but there's some stuff that may help people via searching.

So I bought a 180sx rolling shell for $600 and a bunch of parts so far.

Refer to the other one for detail up until now, but where I'm up to now is welding and painting the bare shell.

The boot, front guards are chopped out, edges prepared for welding (sprayed lightly again for now) for tubs and a deep dish boot for fuel cell.

Then get the cage done (8-10 point weld-in) and I can paint the shell, start bolting shit in.

The rear end is complete, just needs paint on the stock arms i'm running just to get the car started quicker, will update them with pillowball adjustables later. Non-hicas cradle, r200 lock diff (weld,) good cond. stock bushes and drive shafts (6 [3x2] bolt.) All I need is solid cradle bushes and paint to go.

Front end has rb crossmember, tein adj. rack ends, new nissan tie rods, extended lca's and s13 rack and rb pump. Shell also came with a one-piece balanced rb-tailshaft. Steering column bush and column prep (no ignition or adjustment) is done.

Just need castor rods and coilovers to finish off running gear

So basically I'm focusing on the cage and welding right now, then the engine while keeping an eye out for well-priced parts to finish running gear/electrics.

006.JPG007.JPG002.JPG007.JPG010.JPG008.JPG025.JPG029.JPG

I'm extremely torn between RB and JZ ):

Always wanted a 1jz and nows my chance, but I have an r34 coupe i'm wrecking (hint hint pm for parts from ormeau gold coast qld) that I may turbo the rb25de neo from since I have an rb tailshaft, some other parts and I know and have owned RB's.. Leaning towards RB today.. who knows tomorrow...

Will try update briefly every week or two.

Edited by Daniel Brečević

Some parts

001.JPG002.JPG126.JPG

LS Coils

050.JPG

Relay covers (internally mounted)

055.JPG

Hardrace 5 stud s13 hubs brand new

015.JPG

Fabulous fab 2L surge tank with speedflow fittings and bosch 044

009.JPG

go 1jz! im very tempted to do one in mine, engines are cheap, just everything else isnt

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, good update here

Here's the 34 I'm parting, sold the motor for money and set (4) of r33 gtst wheels with fresh bridgestone tread.

Something to get the 180 rolling on

006 (10).JPG007 (10).JPG008 (8).JPG

004 (13).JPG006 (6).JPG

Here's the steering wheel painted

027 (3).JPG

Then I got a sparco spline-type quick release (for cage side intrusions) and got a free mma hand wrap off my mate who is beast at mma haha

Wrapped that suckah up

Zipties are not being used, need small size of bolt and nut, but a little bolt box for shit like this is on the list already

002.JPG001.JPG

S13 arrow mirrors painted, not sure if I posted or not, cop another photo tho,

006.JPG

And got the steering spacer installed (butane heat torch and freezing technique)

007.JPG008.JPG

Here's the 180sx door, no handles, plate to cover and then latches will be installed, (screwed on) and the insides are gone

001 (15).JPG002 (15).JPG

003 (11).JPG006 (8).JPG

and then the 1JZ!~ :wub: :wub:

019 (5).JPG

016 (3).JPG011 (8).JPG

Got that badboy for $900, freddy plenum, 2jz injectors, mint cond. loom with ecu and adj. cam gears

Will sell the coils as I have LS coils already

ALSO Got some HSD coilovers!! Brand new 4 months ago only been n track twice, full adjustment with front camber

Got these babies for $600

002 (12).JPG

Soo all my money is gone haha. Need to clean up and paint stock rear arms then I can get all the running gear bolted up, so I don't need money to progress atm.

.Jammed a coach bolt in here, should be sweet.006 (7).JPG

Some pics for the road

002 (14).JPG003 (10).JPG

It's ebay bro vinyl peeling back from stock. Wrap would be worth more than the wheel

Plus I wanted suede to grip onto gloves

your not leaving the zip ties surely...... (steering wheel)

Here's the steering wheel painted

027 (3).JPG

Then I got a sparco spline-type quick release (for cage side intrusions) and got a free mma hand wrap off my mate who is beast at mma haha

Wrapped that suckah up

Zipties are not being used, need small size of bolt and nut, but a little bolt box for shit like this is on the list already

002.JPG001.JPG

Either way it's my car, dunno what you're trying to get done by commenting

Carry on :lol:

Yikes.

:lol:

Thought the same thing. I won't claim that I haven't had a few dodgy angle grinder moments myself, but that's a bit much even for me.

OP - you can pick up a huge f**k-off Chinese bench vice for $150 from Gasweld or similar. It's totally worth it man, even if the jaws tend fall a little out of alignment after some solid use. Bought one years ago and have had no regrets.

Whats the go with the front wheel arches? I think you need to ease up with the grinder

Edited by blingcommander
  • Upvote 2

Yikes.

Thought the same thing. I won't claim that I haven't had a few dodgy angle grinder moments myself, but that's a bit much even for me.

OP - you can pick up a huge f**k-off Chinese bench vice for $150 from Gasweld or similar. It's totally worth it man, even if the jaws tend fall a little out of alignment after some solid use. Bought one years ago and have had no regrets.

HAHA yehh, don't worry, my feet have mad grip B)

All grinding and cutting is done now though and I have 10 fingers and toes :thumb:

I'm always careful with the grinder, in my opinion it's the most dangerous tool in the world, except for the huuge industrial grinders haha

Whats the go with the front wheel arches? I think you need to ease up with the grinder

Yeah I know it's not supported anymore haha, my cousin is making me up a strut top brace plate thing though, and then welding some tube to the cage and 2 more points per strut, sort of like this picture but alot different.. Using the picture to explain the position of tube though.

002 (25).JPG

The reason of it all is purely cosmetic.. I enjoy the suspension and wheel vision from engine bay, and it's my car.

But also just considering going full tube front end, depending on how nice my cousin feels in the way of $$

Oh and by the way you can't really convey emotions over the internet but if anyones tryna rip on me or the way I do things, go ahead on your own over there, I hope you get as much of a laugh as I do though :giggle::lol: :lol: :whistle::dance:

Yikes.

Just seen the 2nd line you wrote, missed it first time. True dude, that's not too bad. My dad just got a fken huuuge shed with 10acres and the 180 will be moving there soonish too, so he's looking for static tools like such, I'll let him know about it thanks man

Hey guys, sold the 34 shell :thumb:

900 big ones for the 180 fund

009.JPG

The civic did it's biggest mang mang! :thumb:

(Got fresh tyres for $30 a pair with chasers)

002 (31).JPG

Pictures of the mint 1jz loom

010.JPG011.JPG

1jz-SR engine mounts & brackets with a SR Crossmember for $80

006.JPG

Got some mad paint for $4.50 a can, retails for $18

005.JPG

Cleaned up some stuff to paint up

002.JPG

Paint looks shitty on camera haha.. Nicest paint I've used so far though on the 180sx

003.JPG009.JPG

008.JPG

^^ Dash supports painted

Control arm ball joints I hammered out by jamming the arms into the street gutter (propped with wood top and bottom) and hammered fking hard

I found if i lightly tapped it about 20 times, to sort of 'break the seal of dirt,' then gave a medium sledge, it came out first whack rather than belting the hell out of it straight away hahah

Steering column and stock suspension arms ready to go

Just need to bolt on steering linkage and the solid bushing part + Steering wheel to finish it

012.JPG013.JPG

Got some cusco castor rods, ext gate, r32 gtst rim set (mint with caps,) 1jz timing cover, coil pack cover & Complete twin turbo setup inc. oil and water lines, intake and complete exhaust all for $150! :thumb:

Castor rods and twin look nice cond too I'll post photos later of the turbo blades

005.JPG

Pic of my neatest parts

(180 Slut seX box)

016.JPG

Getting pretty close to finishing the running gear for now, so i'll be washing and painting the shell at home soon, bolting on the crossmember and cradle, and taking it back to the yard rolling. :quagmire:

Only thing I need for front end now is PS Lines to be connected which is a problem for future-me putting in the engine

I need one important washer for the hub, but I got someone who has it so i'll have that soon

Rear end needs cradle to be cleaned up and cradle bushes cos i burnt the old shot ones.

Then new ball joints for lca's front and rear pressed in, a suitable brake booster and clutch master (Waiting to see if i'll go pedal box or not) and good to gooo :bringiton:

Engine only needs a starter motor, front sump setup and gearbox assembly with tailshaft to be modded.

:pika:^_^

Might run the stock coils since i have them atm and mess around with LS I have later, just to speed up getting this thing running

Will spend an hour putting the loom onto the engine now just to check what's being used and what's not so that the harness can be 100% plug and play when I'm putting the engine in.

Got a small update for tomorrow, I did all of this and a bit more all in just today :yes: keen as f**k to finish this

LOOK at mums cat! I found her sleeping like this hahahah

001.JPG

Hey, more painting today

Here's the dash support finished off today

032.JPG

Here is the rack with rack ends put in

Absolute bitch on your own on the ground haha, all tight and threadlocked now.

023.JPG

Smashed back down tabs, they'll be fine

022.JPG

Masked025.JPG

Painted :teehee:

026.JPG

Crossmember painted

Put on LCA's and castor rods (loose)

028.JPG029.JPG

Steering rack on (Torqued) and front end complete :woot:

030.JPG031.JPG

Just need to clean up subframe then I can get these and the diff on there, install (hammer) some cradle bushes and rear end will be complete!

034.JPG036.JPG

(I do still need lca ball joints front and rear to get hubs onto lca's to be 100% ready to bolt onto car with 4 bolts per subframe/crossmember)

So I have $200 to spend if I buy brand new, hopefully get it a bit cheaper 2nd hand (definately new for ball joints)

I put these 1jz covers onto the engine after I cleaned them a bit

Looks nice and neat

037.JPG

And put the braided onto the calipers, used a bit of threadlock.

038.JPG

These pads and rotors will do for now, definately going to upgrade though.

Just doing some cosmetics today

003.JPG

Civic has snapped a wheel stud.. Lucky I've already done FIVE yes 5 on this car already when my brother owned it haha.

002.JPG

(Wheels centrebore didn't fit, resolved now)

003.JPG

I got some flocking and switches for $15 both australian supplied

004.JPG

Got some rough (only at bottom) guards and pretty mint bonnet for only $50 :woot:

002.JPG

Guy was selling stuff so cheap, he sold an almost straight full interior etc. s13 coupe for $350 and said he sold out in 12 hours lol

Here's my wheels so far except last night i swapped my r32 wheels for 1jz s13 ic piping and a hydraulic handbrake

001.JPG

Ally Piping

004.JPG

Throttle body and tps (free throw in)

005.JPG

Hydro

007.JPG

He's actually used a full on knife for the handle ahaha

008.JPG

hey man, What sr-jz mounts are they and where did you get them from? Doing a normal 1jz into an s14 atm so need something bolt in.

Got them off a fb sale page man i can pm you his name but if you search s13 jz mounts on ebay, the ones with the same shape of rubber mounts look like they're all made by one guy. That or they're custom, he did say they move the engine back about 10mm from firewall

Cleaned the last of the rear end today, diff came up pretty mint looking :o

001.JPG

Subframe took a few passes of degreaser (not the supercheap can shit either)

002.JPG

Needs some paint

Might only paint a nice colour on the ally cover on the diff since the black cast section is good enough still.

003.JPG

Front end just needs these brakes, knuckles and coilovers on the front

Rear needs to be all assembled together

Got some solid subframe bushings today, i'd take a photo but they're in the freezer for tonight.

Here's the tiny garage, filling it up with all my shit.. About to bring the shell home to paint though so it'll go back to yard with the huge majority of these parts on it. (Will keep personal things like steering wheel, seat etc clean and dry until the car is ready.)

004.JPG

Hey guys, finished the rear end today. Just need a bit of paint to pretty up the subframe and diff cover, and bolt it all together tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some boys to help me lift the 180 on a trailer to bring home and paint. So I can bolt the running gear on ready to go.

Had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get these out haha

005.JPG

' pop ' :wub: :wub: :wub:

007.JPG008.JPG

I'd like to thank BFH, trusty angle grinder, a broken screwdriver and Blingcommander for the guide (looked it up)

009.JPG

Solid bushes in

019.JPG020.JPG

and diff painted. Gonna paint the ally cover, just coz i got no colour down there

021.JPG

edit: here's the paint!

001.JPG

edit: Subframe painted! Now all I have to do is pick up the ball joints from global auto spares tomorrow morning and start bolting it all together.

However I have work for the rest of this week so not much will happen for the next 3 days, day after on Sunday may be the shell painting day :lol:

edit: Got the ball joints, gonna press in tomorrow morning and get the rotors painted; last thing to paint minus the shell :)

Also just got some clearance bin threadlocker for the diff and whatnot

001.JPG

Got the ball joints in! *milkshakes* of things aren't they

Photo lighting is crazy and they all look different colours

That's the last thing :wub:

002.JPG

Bolt time

List til first skid

001.JPG

Running gear

Front and Rear LCA new ball joints

Cradle bushes

Brake booster and master cyl

LSD Diff, Brake & Powersteer fluids

Engine

Starter motor/Not necessary

Front sump setup

Intercooler piping

Exhaust

Engine mounts, bolted on and everything checked tight

Vacuum lines & Fuel lines

Tailshaft modded (depends what box, probably w58)

Gearbox with clutch kit, master & slave ^

1 x 5L Nice box oil

3 x 5L bottles of shit motor oil*

1 x 5L Nice quality motor oil

1 x 10L bottle Nulon Coolant post-mix (demineralised water)

MISC

Fuel tank and lifter pump

2L Surge tank w/ Speedflow fittings & Bosch 040

Organise ignition/dash/body side loom for elctricals to start engine

*(First rotate engine via starter and dump fluid [slightly dirty crank from being open with no sump] Fill with other shit oil, start and run for 2 mins, dump and refill with last shit, run for 45 mins or fully warm and rev a bit [off-boost] Dump and fill with low-weight nice Penrite or something

Later on / Before anything over 30kmp/h (celebratory/introductory skids are below that, just not on the speedo)

Door, boot & bonnet latches

Fabricate a tilting sunroof

Rollcage with side intrusions & front fender/strut bars

Boot tub for fuel tank, or maybe just lower reo

Hydro handbrake and setup

Complete custom body loom

Apexi SAFC2

That -should- be it

Getting there

Lastly if I could estimate my spending? I would say $3,600-$4,200 ish so about a $5k project

One thing I've learned is progress REQUIRES money no matter what you do ):

Hopefully get it running soon!!

Ey guys, assembling the running gear atm - doing rear first cuz front only needs tie rods and lca's tapped into knuckles

Will put brakes on last when I know the position of the member and cradle are right (heavy as f**k to move)

Rear is almost done, diff and halfshafts are all threadlocked and torqued, arms are dummied until I put on car (to save the bushes getting raped into position)

Surprise surprise, missing a bolt.. haha. I'm not finished bolting it all together but so far I've only lost one washer and one bolt :doh: not too bad

Heading to masters atm tho for a kfc feed and the bolt, and small bolts for steering wheel where zipties are (See! Wait until I'm done haha)

001.JPG

Hardrace hubs looking hawt

(and the missing bolt/nut, front of lca)

002.JPG

I should be posting back tonight with it all ready to go :wheelchair:

Here's the rear end done, only need brakes hooked up, tailshaft bolted up and the 4 cradle bolts

008.JPG

Almost got the front end, brakes are squeezed a bit so have to get a clamp from the yard to squeeze pistons back in to put brakes on

edit: still fking around with brakes... Can't figure it out haha, the pistons keep rebounding when I compress them ):

I'll get the *milkshakes*

001.JPG

Hey guys choppe off some brackets and shit for the dash,

007.JPG

Look at that 60grams of weight I don't need

008.JPG

Got some time tomoz to get some shit done, will try get those fkn front brakes on and if so I will call all da boiz to lift the shell to be painted, soon as I got the gear 100% bolt-on I will be getting the shell home

Got the brakes on! Pain, but ended up just dummying up the bolts w/o pads in, levering against rotor to press pistons whilst cracking bleeder, 1 piston, 2 piston, pad in, nut closed. Then other side

So I'll get some m8s to help me lift this arvo

Ey, so I finished up that dash with a plate of metal

one 001.JPG

Then drilled 10x 20mm holes for switches, gave all edges a nice finish, painted black and then suede flocked it (Drying tonight in front of a lamp)

002.JPG

They're not actually in yet, might want to do another coat of flocking yet, will see how it shakes off tomorrow morning

003.JPG

And...

006.JPG

Front crossmember is done :quagmire:

So I am bringing shell home tomorrow : D

004.JPG

Thanks mate, the closer I get; the more pumped/faster I go!! haha